Jason Weigandt pretty much learned to read because he wanted to know more about dirt bikes, trucks, ATVs, and pretty much anything that runs on dirt. Hey, he was young back then!
He eventually focused more squarely on motocross, reading the magazines, and then proudly taping every supercross and motocross race that ever aired on TV and stashing it in his cryogenically frozen vault, location unknown.
Who knew this useless knowledge and information would eventually find a use? Certainly not Jason himself, who studied Public Relations at Rowan University in his native New Jersey, and figured he'd end up working at a PR firm in New York City, wearing a suit every day. Before officially going corporate like that, he sent a few emails to the Racer X staff, hoping to become an intern for one summer, just so he could say he was cool. Once. He ended up with a job here in 2001, and has been on the team ever since.
And why did Jason major in Public Relations in college? Because he really likes public speaking, and since most people hate it, he figured it would be easy to get a job. Such interest led him to try announcing while doing PR for the Grand National Cross Country Series, which eventually resulted in doing TV work for the tour. Today, he still announces for the GNCC Series, and is also the play by play voice of the AMA Arenacross Series and the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship.
Between the races, he runs this website.
- May 5, 2021 Jason Anderson was rumored to take Aaron Plessinger's spot before Tomac.
- May 14, 2021 Weigandt chats with Dungey about the supercross championship hangover when headed into motocross, and holding off the young kids.
- May 13, 2021 Eli Tomac’s 2022 plan was all over the news last week. The fact that he’s not done is a testament to the long game.
- May 13, 2021 "I was so fried, mentally," says Dungey of trying to lock down a supercross title and ramp back up for outdoors. Here's his take on switching from one to the next.
- May 11, 2021 Extra time to prep for Pro Motocross is good. But is good always good?
- May 11, 2021 The U.S. Motorcycle Coaching Association is the key to gaining—and retaining—new riders. Really?
- May 10, 2021 Trey Canard talks winning early and heightened expectations, great and bad.
- May 9, 2021 Thanks to the guidance of Brandon Haas, South Carolina's ClubMX—once an old sand pit where Zach Osborne practiced for the GPs—is now an elite training facility with its own professional race team.
- May 7, 2021 Of nine race winners this 250SX season, none had won multiple races before.
- May 7, 2021 Three races at Atlanta Motor Speedway might have summed up all of 2021.
- May 6, 2021 Jason Weigandt shares his thoughts on the Cooper Webb era, the Tomac-to-Yamaha story, and the future of Roczen.
- May 5, 2021 One last symbolic pass from Webb ended the Roczen run.
- May 4, 2021 With two championships, Cooper Webb cements his status at the top.
- May 4, 2021 Weigandt ranks the biggest movers of 2021 supercross.
- May 3, 2021 Roczen confirms racing Lucas Oil Pro Motocross.