Jason Weigandt pretty much learned to read because he wanted to know more about dirt bikes, trucks, ATVs, and pretty much anything that runs on dirt. Hey, he was young back then!
He eventually focused more squarely on motocross, reading the magazines, and then proudly taping every supercross and motocross race that ever aired on TV and stashing it in his cryogenically frozen vault, location unknown.
Who knew this useless knowledge and information would eventually find a use? Certainly not Jason himself, who studied Public Relations at Rowan University in his native New Jersey, and figured he'd end up working at a PR firm in New York City, wearing a suit every day. Before officially going corporate like that, he sent a few emails to the Racer X staff, hoping to become an intern for one summer, just so he could say he was cool. Once. He ended up with a job here in 2001, and has been on the team ever since.
And why did Jason major in Public Relations in college? Because he really likes public speaking, and since most people hate it, he figured it would be easy to get a job. Such interest led him to try announcing while doing PR for the Grand National Cross Country Series, which eventually resulted in doing TV work for the tour. Today, he still announces for the GNCC Series, and is also the play by play voice of the AMA Arenacross Series and the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship.
Between the races, he runs this website.
- February 26, 2024Jason Weigandt walks and talks to recap the 2024 Arlington Supercross.
- February 26, 2024"This year doesn't feel like any of the other years. I've ridden, I feel like, the best I have and I don't have as many podiums or wins as maybe as I did at this point before. So, it's a stacked class."
- February 25, 2024Fractured scapula and vertebrae for Forkner after huge crash in Texas.
- February 25, 2024More surprises, summed up like this: "By no means did I think I would go out and win," said the winner.
- February 23, 2024Jason Weigandt walks and talks from Arlington to preview round seven of Monster Energy AMA Supercross.
- February 22, 2024Racer X brand offers this premium trucker hat replete with the camo look and the adjustable snap back fit. But just to add a touch of class, we throw in a leather Racer X shield logo.
- February 22, 2024Jason Weigandt walks, talks and rides at Yamaha's 2024 Cross Country Intro.
- February 22, 2024Jason Weigandt checks in with Randy Hawkins for a look at the booming off-road racing market.
- February 21, 2024After six rounds, we compare rider results from 2023 to 2024. The difference is startling.
- February 21, 2024Weege, Mitch Kendra, and Matt Rice got down and dirty on the YZ450FX, YZ250X and YZ125X.
- February 21, 2024Masterpool will line up for the first time in 2024, this weekend in Arlington.
- February 19, 2024With his teammate out and pressure on, Johnny G steps up to take the Progressive GNCC opener at Big Buck.