WORTHAM, Texas - After two sessions of 250 and 450 class practices and a single session for the WMX Class, Rockstar/Makita Suzuki's Chad Reed, Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki's Christophe Pourcel and Honda Red Bull Racing's Ashley Fiolek found themselves on the top of the time charts.
Reed, who has paced the 450 Class each week, posting a time of 2:06.528 while Christophe Pourcel led the way with a 2:07.199. In the WMX Class, Fiolek set the bar with a mark of 2:23.878. The first gates of the Flagstar Bank Motocross National drop at 1 p.m.
450 Class Morning Practice
- Chad Reed, Australia, Suzuki, 2:06.528
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Tex., Honda, 2:07.389
- Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Yamaha, 2:07.914
- Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Suzuki, 2:08.156
- Ivan Tedesco, Tallahassee, Fla., Honda, 2:08.963
- Josh Hill, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha, 2:09.154
- Jake Moss, Australia, Honda, 2:09.288
- Matt Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., Suzuki, 2:09.514
- Tommy Hahn , Decatur, Texas, Kawasaki, 2:09.625
- Ricky Dietrich, Menifee, Calif., Kawasaki, 2:10.009
250 Class Morning Practice
- Christophe Pourcel, France, Kawasaki, 2:07.199
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki 2:07.313
- Trey Canard, Elk City, Okla., Honda, 2:09.286
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 2:09.383
- Matt Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Yamaha, 2:09.574
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki, 2:09.900
- Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda, 2:10.207
- Tommy Searle, Great Britain, KTM, 2:10.328
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha, 2:11.155
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Honda, 2:11.229
WMX Class Morning Practice
- Ashley Fiolek, St. Augustine, Fla., Honda, 2:23.878
- Jessica Patterson, Tallahassee, Fla., Honda, 2:24.641
- Sara Price, Canyon Lake, Calif., Kawasaki, 2:29.794
- Sherri Cruse, Bakersfield, Calif., Suzuki, 2:30.192
- Sarah Whitmore, Cheboygan, Mich., KTM, 2:30.712
- Vicki Golden, El Cajon, Calif., Honda, 2:32.317
- Elizabeth Bash, Riverside, Calif., Kawasaki, 2:33.440
- Jacqueline Strong, Sedona, Ariz., Honda, 2:33.940
- Kim Kocher, Paris, Ohio, KTM, 2:37.286
- Jackie Ives, Exeter, Calif., Yamaha, 2:39.637
For more information about the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, please contact media coordinator Brandon Short via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (949) 365-5752.
For fan and racing information on the 2009 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, log onto www.allisports.com.
MX Sports Pro Racing
MX Sports Pro Racing manages and produces the world's most prestigious motocross series - the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship. An industry leader in off road powersport production and management, its mission is to raise awareness of motocross racing through the production of professional championship racing events nationwide. Through its various racing properties, partnerships and affiliates, MX Sports Pro Racing fields more than 60,000 action sports athletes each year and attracts millions of active fans, spectators and enthusiasts. For more information, please visit www.mxsportsproracing.com.
Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports
Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports, is a global business that encompasses national and international action sports tours and events, multimedia production, and a consumer facing lifestyle brand. The Alliance includes: the Dew Tour, Winter Dew Tour, China Invitational, Maloof Money Cup, Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, King of Wake series, and the Gatorade Free Flow Tour; Alli TV Productions, which creates original content, produces and presents content with partners, and distributes Alli content through a variety of channels. Alli is owned by NBC Sports and MTV Networks and represents a network of athletes, fans, brands and properties. Its mission is to facilitate the momentous growth of action sports, through competition and lifestyle, for a new generation of fans and athletes. The Alli properties are home to more than 550,000 spectators each year and broadcasts more than 150 hours of original content in 100 countries and 280 million homes worldwide. More information can be found at www.allisports.com.
Lucas Oil Products
Lucas Oil is a worldwide leader in the production of oils, greases, and additives. Based in Corona, Calif., Lucas Oil Products is one of the fastest-growing additive lines in the consumer automotive industry, featuring a premium line of oils, greases, and problem-solving additives. Through innovative product research and development, along with aggressive marketing programs, Lucas Oil Products has established itself as the top-selling additive line in the American truck-stop industry.
Forrest Lucas and his wife, Charlotte, founded Lucas Oil Products in 1989 after he spent 20 years as a truck driver and owner of a nationwide long-haul trucking fleet. They experienced firsthand the need for better lubricants and fuel treatments to maintain their equipment.
Lucas Oil is involved in an array of motorsports sponsorships, including the "Official Motor Oil of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship." For more information on Lucas Oil, please visit www.LucasOil.com.
AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the premier professional motorcycle racing organization in North America, operating a full schedule of events and championships for a variety of motorcycle disciplines. From its Daytona Beach headquarters, the organization operates and manages AMA Pro Road Racing, which includes AMA Pro American Superbike, AMA Pro Daytona SportBike, AMA Pro SuperSport and AMA Pro SunTrust Moto-GT. AMA Pro Racing also manages and works closely with the day-to-day operational organizations of the AMA Pro Flat Track Championship and the AMA Pro Supermoto Championship Series in addition to other two-wheel and ATV series. Learn more about AMA Pro Racing at www.amaproracing.com.