Youthstream today released an updated calendar for the 2019 FIM Motocross World Championship season—and it includes a few changes.
Notably, the season opener originally scheduled at a to be announced track and location on February 24 is no longer. The season will now open on March 10 at a to be announced track and location.
Matterley Basin in Great Britain will still host the second round, before the series moves to The Netherlands and then Italy before two rounds in Asia.
Assen is off the 2019 schedule, as it will host the Motocross of Nations on September 29.
Here are a few other notable changes, with the full schedule below:
- The MXGP of Russia has been moved from May 12 to June 9. It’s replaced by a race in Italy at a to be announced track.
- The MXGP of Latvia has moved from May 26 to June 16. It’s replaced by the MXGP of France at St. Jean d’Angely.
- The MXGP of Portugal has moved from September 15 to May 19.
- The MXGP of Germany has moved from June 2 to June 23.
- The MXGP of Turkey has moved from September 1 to September 8.
- The MXGP of Sweden at Uddevalla has been added. It will take place on August 25.