North American Debut to be Filmed for 3-D Movie ,
With the World’s Best Action Sports Athletes Performing in the
Most Spectacular Live Action Sports Show Ever Produced
LAS VEGAS – Based on the MTV smash hit series Nitro Circus, the explosive touring sensation Nitro Circus Live today announced details for a North American premiere Saturday, June 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
With sold-out shows in Australia and New Zealand, the international tour is being billed as the “greatest live action sports show of all time” for its stunning choreographed displays in FMX, BMX and skate, as well as world-first stunts and crazy contraptions launched off the infamous 50-foot high Nitro Giganta Ramp, all performed by the best action sports stars on the planet.
Presented by a coalition of S2BN Entertainment, Global Action Sports and Godfrey Entertainment, the Las Vegas event also will serve as the stage for a portion of the filming of the 3-D Nitro Circus movie, scheduled to be released in early 2012.
A limited pre-sale for the MGM Grand Garden Arena event in Las Vegas will be available only through Ticketmaster from Friday, April 8 at 10:00 am to Sunday, April 10 at 10:00 pm. The general public on-sale begins Monday, April 11 at noon.
Seventeen-time X Games medalist and current gold medalist in FMX Travis Pastrana (USA) will headline the show along with the entire Nitro crew as well as the current X Games gold medalists in all three Big Air disciplines – Australia’s Jake Brown (skate), America’s Chad Kagy (BMX) and Australia’s Cam Sinclair (FMX Biggest trick).
Pastrana said, “We have some incredible stunts planned for the Nitro show in Vegas which have never been performed before anywhere in the world and are unlikely to be attempted ever again. Almost 10 world firsts have been thrown down during our tours in Australia and New Zealand and we are going to try and match that in this one-off show. You really don’t want to miss it.”
Chairman and CEO of S2BN Entertainment Michael Cohl said, “The response to the tour has been huge and the massive fan base behind Nitro Circus has turned out in full force to watch these guys push all the boundaries, reinvent reality and break all the rules in the meantime. We’re psyched to have the crew bring the spectacle to the U.S.A.”
Managing Director of Global Action Sports Michael Porra said, “The exciting city of Las Vegas is the perfect location to host the North American debut of Nitro Circus Live. We are bringing the greatest action sports stars of all time to the MGM Grand Garden Arena for our best show yet. If the U.S. liked the TV show, they are going to be completely blown away seeing what the crew can do live.”
Returning to his native Las Vegas, hometown legend and inspirational professional wheelchair athlete Aaron Fotheringham (USA) aka ‘Wheelz’ will perform his incredible world first feats off the Giganta for the first time in North America, displaying his arsenal of mind-boggling tricks. Joining him will be the following line up (subject to change):
- Blake ‘Bilko’ Williams (AUS): 2009 X Games gold medalist in FMX
- Andy Buckworth (AUS): Current X Games bronze medalist in BMX Big Air
- Cam Sinclair (AUS): Current X Games gold medalist in FMX Biggest trick
- Jolene Van Vugt (CAN): Nitro Circus TV star and arguably the craziest woman in the world – The first female to backflip a motorcycle
- Erik Roner (USA): Nitro Circus TV star and world-class extreme skier who has combined his passion for B.A.S.E. jumping to produce some incredible stunts
- Andy Bell (CAN): Nitro Circus TV star and ex FMX rider turned commentator
- Greg Powel aka ‘Special Greg’ (USA): Nitro Circus TV star nicknamed ‘Special Greg’ because you can give him pretty much anything with wheels and he will be the first one to run it, ride it, jump it and usually succeed
- Jim DeChamp (USA): Nitro Circus TV star and professional mountain bike downhill racer / freestyle rider – DeChamp and Pastrana have a very collaborative relationship where they dream up all sorts of stunts
- Jeremy Rawle (USA): Nitro Circus TV star known as Tenacious J
- Streetbike Tommy (USA): Hugely popular funny man of the Nitro Circus crew
- Dusty Wygle (USA): Nitro Circus Live all rounder
- Michael ‘Chucky’ Norris (AUS): One of Australia’s top FMX riders
- Chris Haffey (USA): World’s number one roller blader with the biggest trick repertoire on the planet
- Andrew Broussard (USA): World’s top big air scooter rider
- Jaryd McNeil (AUS): Current X Games silver medalist in FMX Biggest Whip comp
- Clint Moore (AUS): Australian FMX star and the only rider in the world to land the “vault” body varial over 75 feet
- Cam McCall (USA): One of the world’s best mountain bike riders
- LynZ Adams Hawkins (USA): Multiple X Games medalist and current silver medalist in Skateboard Vert
- Matty McFerran (AUS): Australian FMX star
- Josh Sheehan: 2010 IFMXF bronze medalist
- Jaie Toohey (AUS): Australian BMX star and the first rider to land a backflip triple tailwhip
- Matt Whyatt (AUS): Australian BMX star and the only person in the world performing a quadruple tail whip
- Andrew Ahumada (AUS): Australian BMX star
- Mark Monea- The only person in the world to attempt and land the FMX front flip 360.
For all tour updates and behind the scenes content visit www.nitrocircuslive.com
The Nitro Circus Live Tour is being presented via a new partnership between Nitro Circus Live and one of the world’s preeminent producers and promoters of live entertainment, S2BN Entertainment.
Tickets will be available at all Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call MGM Grand at (800) 929-1111 or Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also will be available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices start at $39 not including applicable taxes and service charges. Also available on Ticketmaster, extreme fans can buy an exclusive VIP package which will put them in the heat of the action and up-close and personal with the Nitro stars.