- Hangtown enters its 41st year as part of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship.
- The Hangtown Motocross ClassicTM marks the first live telecast of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship with coverage airing on SPEED at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Series Statistical Report
450 Class Stats
- The first Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross race was held at Hangtown on April 8, 1974 with Bill Grossi winning on a Honda.
- This will be the 36th time the gate will drop for an Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross at Hangtown.
- Hangtown wins by brand:
- Last win at Hangtown by brand:
- First time winners at Hangtown: James Stewart Jr. - 2006 (Kawasaki); David Vuillemin - 2000 (Yamaha); Kevin Windham - 1999 (Honda); Rick Johnson - 1992 (Yamaha); John Dowd - 1991 (Honda); Jeff Stanton - 1989 (Honda); Alan King - 1984 (Honda); Kent Howerton - 1980 (Suzuki); Marty Smith - 1977 (Honda); Bill Grossi - 1974 (Honda).
- Ricky Carmichael is the winningest rider at Hangtown with five victories.
- James Stewart earned his first 450 Class victory in 2006 and captured his second victory at the famed track last season.
- Yamaha has not won at Hangtown since 2000 when David Vuillemin earned his inaugural 450 Class victory.
- Ricky Carmichael provided the last Hangtown win for both Honda and Suzuki in 2004 and 2007, respectively.
- Since 2002, only two riders have won at Hangtown; Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart. Carmichael captured four straight victories from 2002-2005.
- For 2009, Hangtown will feature a first-time winner at the facility.
450 Class Point Standings - After 1 of 12 rounds
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 50
- Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Suzuki, 42
- Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Yamaha, 40
- Chad Reed, Australia, Suzuki, 38
- Davi Millsaps, Tallahassee, Fla., Honda, 31
- Thomas Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Kawasaki, 29
- Mike Brown, Bluff City, Tenn., KTM, 27
- Cody Cooper, New Zealand, Yamaha, 19
- Weston Peick, Wildomar, Calif., Honda, 18
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Tex., Honda, 16
450 Class Overall Wins
Ryan Villopoto - 1
450 Class Moto Wins
Ryan Villopoto - 2
450 Class Wins by Brand
Kawasaki - 1
250 Class Stats
- The first Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship 250 Class race was held April 8, 1974, with Marty Smith winning on a Honda.
- This will be the 36th time the gate will drop for a Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross 250 Class race at Hangtown.
- Hangtown wins by brand:
- Last win by brand at Hangtown:
- First time winners at Glen Helen: Mike Alessi - 2006 (KTM); Damon Huffman - 1994 (Suzuki); Jeremy McGrath - 1993 (Honda); Steve Lamson - 1992 (Honda); Doug Henry - 1991 (Yamaha); Brian Myerscough - 1979 (Suzuki); Bob Hannah - 1976 (Yamaha); and Marty Smith - 1974 (Honda).
- Steve Lamson and Mark Barnett are the winningest 250 Class riders at Hangtown with four wins apiece. Barnett won his four races consecutively.
- Kawasaki and KTM have combined to win the last eight races at Hangtown. Kawasaki has five wins while KTM has three.
- Jeremy McGrath earned his first professional motocross victory in 1993.
- Yamaha and Suzuki have gone winless at Hangtown for a combined 31 years. Damon Huffman gave Suzuki its last Hangtown win in 1994. Doug Henry won for Yamaha in 1991.
- The 250 Class will feature a first time Hangtown winner in 2009.
250 Class Point Standings - After 1 of 12 rounds
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 47
- Christophe Pourcel, France, Kawasaki, 39
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki, 38
- Tommy Searle, England, KTM, 36
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda, 33
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 32
- Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 29
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki, 27
- Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Kawasaki, 24
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Honda, 24
250 Class Overall Wins
Ryan Dungey - 1
250 Class Wins by Brand
Suzuki - 1
Tickets are available are available at the box office, or online at www.hangtownracing.com. Thursday and Friday Admission: $16.50, children ages 6-11 for $11.50; Saturday Admission: $42.62, children ages 6-11 for $21.72, children 5 and under free.
For more information about the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, please contact media coordinator Brandon Short via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (949) 365-5752.
For fan and racing information on the 2009 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, log onto www.allisports.com.
MX Sports Pro Racing
MX Sports Pro Racing manages and produces the world's most prestigious motocross series - the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship. An industry leader in off road powersport production and management, its mission is to raise awareness of motocross racing through the production of professional championship racing events nationwide. Through its various racing properties, partnerships and affiliates, MX Sports Pro Racing fields more than 60,000 action sports athletes each year and attracts millions of active fans, spectators and enthusiasts. For more information, please visit www.mxsportsproracing.com.
Alli, the Alliance of Action SportsAlli, the Alliance of Action Sports, is a global business that encompasses national and international action sports tours and events, multimedia production, and a consumer facing lifestyle brand. The Alliance includes: the Dew Tour, Winter Dew Tour, China Invitational, Maloof Money Cup, Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, King of Wake series, and the Gatorade Free Flow Tour; Alli TV Productions, which creates original content, produces and presents content with partners, and distributes Alli content through a variety of channels. Alli is owned by NBC Sports and MTV Networks and represents a network of athletes, fans, brands and properties. Its mission is to facilitate the momentous growth of action sports, through competition and lifestyle, for a new generation of fans and athletes. The Alli properties are home to more than 550,000 spectators each year and broadcasts more than 150 hours of original content in 100 countries and 280 million homes worldwide. More information can be found at www.allisports.com.
Lucas Oil Products
Lucas Oil is a worldwide leader in the production of oils, greases, and additives. Based in Corona, Calif., Lucas Oil Products is one of the fastest-growing additive lines in the consumer automotive industry, featuring a premium line of oils, greases, and problem-solving additives. Through innovative product research and development, along with aggressive marketing programs, Lucas Oil Products has established itself as the top-selling additive line in the American truck-stop industry.
Forrest Lucas and his wife, Charlotte, founded Lucas Oil Products in 1989 after he spent 20 years as a truck driver and owner of a nationwide long-haul trucking fleet. They experienced firsthand the need for better lubricants and fuel treatments to maintain their equipment.
Lucas Oil is involved in an array of motorsports sponsorships, including the "Official Motor Oil of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship." For more information on Lucas Oil, please visit www.LucasOil.com.
AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the premier professional motorcycle racing organization in North America, operating a full schedule of events and championships for a variety of motorcycle disciplines. From its Daytona Beach headquarters, the organization operates and manages AMA Pro Road Racing, which includes AMA Pro American Superbike, AMA Pro Daytona SportBike, AMA Pro SuperSport and AMA Pro SunTrust Moto-GT. AMA Pro Racing also manages and works closely with the day-to-day operational organizations of the AMA Pro Flat Track Championship and the AMA Pro Supermoto Championship Series in addition to other two-wheel and ATV series. Learn more about AMA Pro Racing at www.amaproracing.com.