Wiseco Performance Products, Mentor, Ohio--- Wiseco’s new ArmorGlide® skirt coating is the result of testing, development, and benchmarking through Wiseco’s rigorous in-house dyno program. The outcome is the ultimate in skirt coating toughness, lubrication, and bond technology working together to minimize friction, maximize horsepower, and provide improved wear resistance.
Not only is ArmorGlide® a high-tech lubricant that reduces friction, but it also allows the piston to be
fitted tighter within the bore than a non-coated piston. The benefit of reducing piston to wall clearance is better ring seal and reduced noise from piston rock.
Why choose Wiseco’s ArmorGlide® skirt coating?
- Lower friction increases the pistons efficiency and contributes to increased horsepower.
- ArmorGlide® actually compensates for uneven thermal growth of a piston bore, creating the perfect piston skirt profile for maximum power and bore sealing.
- Wiseco’s ArmorGlide® remains bonded to the base material for the typical life of the piston.
- ArmorGlide® skirt coating is applied only where needed so there is no inconsistent thickness or overspray into functional areas of the piston.
- Wiseco’s computer controlled application process allows for an extremely consistent, uniform coating that follows the piston skirt profile.
- Process times are tightly controlled so there is no compromise to the piston base material, heat treatment, or geometry. These times also provide the highest quality coating thickness and bonding properties.
- After 67 years manufacturing pistons, Wiseco continues to be the industry leader in forged piston technology. We are dedicated to bringing you the latest technology.
Choose Wiseco Pistons with ArmorGlide® for your next high-performance or racing application!