Encinitas, CA – April 23th, 2008. The Verge Project is pleased to announce an open call to students that would like to learn the ropes of the Action Sports Industry (ASI) job market. The Verge Project is matching up students with mentor’s that work within the ASI to help assist them in their job quest.
Training by the mentors for the students will include:
- How, when and where to approach people to make connections and gain information.
- How to properly apply for a job and who to talk to internally.
- How their passion and knowledge can improve the industry they love, and the impact they can have on a company.
- The workings of the Actions Sports Industry, i.e., what the mentee should expect if they break in.
- How to get ahead once they get in.
- Must be a junior or senior in college
- Must be located in Southern California
- Must be passionate about and actively participate in an Action Sport (surfing, skating, moto, snowboarding etc.)
Applications for the project should be treated as if applying for a job. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter please tell us about your passion for action sports and why you should be considered for this program.
The Verge Project will be accepting resumes through May 31st. Space is limited, and only the most appropriate, qualified candidates will be selected for a mentor match. Good Luck!