Seattle, WA. – With a packed line-up of Monster Energy Supercross teams for MX for Children’s 2014 Jackpot Challenge, we are pleased to drop the gate for this year’s team competition! Great support from the following teams/riders affords a tremendous opportunity for supercross fans in Canada and the United States to participate in the Jackpot Challenge and raise funds for children’s hospitals and earn great incentive prizes:
• BTO Sports KTM – Andrew Short, Matt Goerke
• GEICO Honda – Zach Bell, Matt Bisceglia, Justin Bogle, Wil Hahn, Zach Osborne, Eli Tomac
• MotoConcepts – Mike Alessi
• Monster Energy Kawasaki – Ryan Villopoto, Jake Weimer
• Muscle Milk Honda – Justin Barcia, Trey Canard
• Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki – Blake Baggett, Adam Cianciarulo, Martin Davalos, Darryn Durham, Justin, Hill, Dean Wilson
• Red Bull KTM – Ryan Dungey, Ken Roczen, Marvin Musquin, Dean Ferris
• Rockstar Racing KTM – Davi Millsaps, Ivan Tedesco, Jason Alexander, Joey Savatgy
• Troy Lee Designs Honda – Cole Seely, Malcolm Stewart, Jessy Nelson, Shane McElrath
• Discount Tire Kawasaki – Chad Reed
• Yoshimura Racing Suzuki – James Stewart
The Jackpot Challenge raises funds for brain research at the following children’s hospitals: Birmingham’s Children’s Hospital of Alabama, Houston’s Texas Children’s, Nashville’s Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital, Pittsburgh’s Children’s Hospital, Salt Lake City’s Primary Children’s, Seattle Children’s, St. Louis Children’s, Toronto’s SickKids and Vancouver’s BC Children’s Hospital. The funds go to support the hospitals’ research to improve the brain condition hydrocephalus – the #1 cause of brain surgery for children.
“I was proud that Chad and TwoTwo Motorsports won this award last year,” said Ellie Reed, the official spokesperson of MX for Children. “Having had a neurological scare of our own with our daughter, I can say that the research supported by this fundraiser is not only very impactful on kids’ lives but also their families who without help from MX for Children wouldn’t be able to help their kids.”
Jackpot Challenge participants also can root for one of their favorite Jackpot Challenge teams. The Jackpot Challenge teams are Supercross race teams that support the MX for Children cause by donating their time at MX for Children events. The funds raised by individual fundraisers are also credited to the team they select. MX for Children awards the Jackpot Challenge Team award with the highest total fundraising for the season. Chad Reed’s TwoTwo Motorsports won the Jackpot Challenge Team award in 2013. Finally, fundraisers who exceed $500 in 2014 will qualify for the Inside Line Experience – offered in Toronto, St. Louis, Houston and Seattle.
"It is really great to be working with such a wonderful organization like MX for Children again," explained Trey Canard of the Muscle Milk Honda team. "It is opportunities like this that really allow us riders to give back and have a certain voice that not many people get to have. I think if what we do can bring light into a child's world that makes it all worth it. It is so gratifying to be able to visit the hospitals sometimes and to donate simple things like gear to help raise money for such a great cause. I look forward to working with everyone again this year and for many years to come."
In the U.S. please visit http://mxforchildren.kintera.
In Canada please visit http://tinyurl.com/mx4c-