World’s Best Arenacross Riders Scheduled to Make 14 Stops Across the Country
AURORA, Ill. – After releasing the preliminary 2011 AMA Arenacross Series schedule just prior to the fall season, Feld Motor Sports? has finalized the upcoming Arenacross season by announcing that Louisville, Ky., will host Round 6 of the 14-race championship. The event will commence on Saturday, February 12 at the Freedom Hall, beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Louisville has been a longtime staple of the AMA Arenacross Series, hosting numerous rounds of the world’s premier indoor dirt-bike racing series at the renowned Broadbent Arena. However, as the fastest Arenacross riders on the planet, led by reigning AMA Arenacross Series champion Josh Demuth, return to Kentucky after a one-year hiatus, they will compete in a new venue at the Freedom Hall.
"Louisville has always been one of the most successful stops of the tour, and we are excited to bring back the AMA Arenacross Series to the loyal fans of Louisville," said Jayme Dalsing, director of arenacross, Feld Motor Sports.
The legendary Freedom Hall is best known as the home of the University of Louisville Men’s and Women’s Basketball programs and for the first time in its 44-year existence, it will welcome the stars of the AMA Arenacross Series in addition to 150 truckloads of dirt onto its floor.
When the AMA Arenacross Series last competed in Louisville, it was eventual 2009 AMA Arenacross Series champion Jeff Gibson who grabbed the headlines, sweeping two nights of action in the Bluegrass State. In addition to hosting Round 6 of the AMA Arenacross Series Championship, Louisville will also serve as the fourth round of the AMA Arenacross Lites Eastern Regional Championship.
Additionally, the road to the Amateur National Arenacross Championship will also go through Louisville with an East Region qualifier on Sunday, February 13.
Feld Motor Sports has also announced that the ninth round of the championship from Wichita, Kan., will be changed from two nights of AMA Arenacross Series racing to one on Saturday, March 5.
2011 AMA Arenacross Series Schedule
Date City Venue
- January 8-9 Tulsa, Okla. BOK Center
- January 15-16 Kansas City, Mo. Kemper Arena
- January 22-23 Dayton, Ohio Ervin J. Nutter Center
- January 28-30 Denver, Colo. Denver Coliseum
- February 4-6 Toledo, Ohio Huntington Center
- February 12-13 Louisville, Ky. Freedom Hall
- February 18-20 Reno, Nev. Livestock and Events Center
- February 26-27 Sacramento, Calif. ARCO Arena
- March 5-6 Wichita, Kan. Intrust Bank Arena
- March 12-13 Greenville, S.C. Bi-Lo Center
- March 18-20 Council Bluffs, Iowa Mid-America Center
- March 26-27 Little Rock, Ark. Verizon Arena
- April 1-3 Rockford, Ill. MetroCentre
- April 9-10 Des Moines, Iowa Wells Fargo Arena