MORGANTOWN, West Virginia—With mere days until the 40th running of the Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch, MX Sports has announced the collection of invited participants for the 2021 Loretta Lynn’s Apprentice program. A total of 27 passionate and motivated individuals will receive an introduction into the motocross industry, with a hope to foster a potential career in the sport.
Assignments encompass a total of nine occupational positions, including aspects of the media, operations, and team support. Applicants included an array of talent and experience, with many bringing a foundation of knowledge into their desired field. After a successful debut one year ago, the Loretta Lynn’s Apprentice has already helped open doors for the next generation of talent and is poised to deepen the legacy of American motocross in its own unique way.
“For decades MX Sports has provided various platforms to nurture future generations of racing talent, with proven results. With the creation of the Loretta Lynn’s Apprentice, we’ve relied on the same successful formula to expand the impact of our events within the industry,” said Tim Cotter, MX Sports Event Director. “Now, we’re developing multiple generations of talent both on and off the racetrack, doing our part to ensure the long-term health and success of American motocross across all meaningful aspects of the industry. While the riders deservedly capture the spotlight with their exceptional abilities, it’s just as important to recognize the individuals who help make any rider’s individual success possible.”
This collection of 27 Apprentices from all over the country will serve an integral role across a collection of roles that are vital to the overall success of the 2021 event at Loretta Lynn’s.
- Kevin Amo / Age: 26 / Taberg, New York
- Gage Dunham / Age: 11 / Golden, Colorado
- Bradley Esper / Age: 23 / Butler, Pennsylvania
- Kassie Thibodeau / Age: 22 / Rumford, Maine
- Connar Troyer / Age: 26 / Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Grace Gochenour / Age: 13 / Hedgesville, West Virginia
- Jet Jarrard / Age: 15 / Dahlonega, Georgia
- Christopher Long / Age: 27 / Cape Coral, Florida
- Seder Martin / Age: 21 / Lakeland, Florida
- Catherine Nash / Age: 15 / Princeton Junction, New Jersey
- Ashley Hetherington / Age: 20 / Columbia, Missouri
- Olivia Johnson / Age: 16 / Abingdon, Virginia
- Jacob Kalnenieks / Age: 15 / Enfield, Connecticut
- Brandon Olson / Age: 15 / Dripping Springs, Texas
- Samantha Taylor / Age: 20 / Swartz Creek, Michigan
- Weston Fryar / Age: 10 / Jacksonville, Arkansas
- Karagan Myers / Age: 17 / Thompson’s Station, Tennessee
- Jake Ashwill / Age: 13 / Cokato, Minnesota
- Preston Biggart / Age: 14 / Huntingdon, Tennessee
- Kody Hockenberry / Age: 22 / Houtzdale, Pennsylvania
- Grant Lafrance / Age: 19 / Westport, Massachusetts
- Dayton Shirah / Age: 19 / Kentwood, Louisiana
Factory Team Support
- Preston Miranda / Age: 14 / Coatesville, Pennsylvania
- Jeremiah Bell / Age: 14 / Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Joel Solomon / Age: 18 / Wilmington, North Carolina
- TJ Sigler / Age: 15 / Manton, Michigan
- Thomas Jackson / Age: 21 / Gardnerville, Nevada
Racing for the 2021 Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship kicks off on Tuesday, August 3, and motos for all 36 classes continue through the rest of the week, coming to a conclusion on Saturday, August 7. Broadcast coverage of every moto can be seen exclusively on Racer TV.
For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship, visit the series official website at www.MXSports.com or call (304) 284-0101. Join the conversation on the event’s social media channels, along with receiving the most up-to-date news and exclusive content.