Wanted 2012 AMA Pro Supercross Team needs Mechanic for Internship
Hello Friends: Team Tedder – Monster Energy Racing is looking for an intern to help with the 2012 AMA Supercross and Motocross Season. This is a non-paying position however, all our previous 3 interns were able to parlay this internship into a paying position on a race team. We will teach you the ropes of a AMA Pro SX and MX mechanic along with helping you attain your class A truck driving license (if you desire). During the Supercross Season the intern will need to provide his own room and board near our headquarters in Montclair California. However, during the Motocross Season (and when on the road with the team) all room, board and expenses will be paid along with some spending money for some young motocross enthusiastic who wants to travel with the team across the United States and learn the business. (Please Note: We will make allowances for breaks to attend or finish school / attend family vacations, etc…) . We are looking for a kid who wants to be a helper for the team: While brothers Myles and Dakota Tedder contest the Monster Energy – AMA West Coast Supercross Lites Class and the AMA Professional Motocross Outdoor Championship tour. The intern will be in good hands and be treated like one of the family. They will be dressed in race team attire during race days. They will have the opportunity to network with other professional mechanics and riders and maybe….Network themselves right into a full paying position with our team or another team for the future. At least it will be a great experience!
If you are interested in this position and answer the below 7 questions..YES!....please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your answers to the below 7 questions and a resume with photo.
Best regards, and hope to see you at the races.
1. Understand this is a non-paying position.
2. Must have transportation and provide own money for fuel and living expenses from December 2011 until May 19 when intern travels full time with Team.
3. Must have residence near Montclair California at a minimum from December 2011 to February 12th 2012. And all other times beyond that you are not traveling with the team.
4. Must have medical insurance and maintain it at all times while being an intern
5. Must be minimum 18 years old.
6. Must have good driving record.
7. Do you have experience in driving a truck and/or trailer? Experience driving a big rig or motorhome would be beneficial.
(1) The intern will be supervised by 3 full time team mechanics during races and at least one full time team mechanic during practice and traveling.
(2) The Position Starts December 2011 and works thru West Coast Lites Supercross Series. Series has a 9 week break after February 12th and then begins again leading into the AMA Outdoor Professional Motocross Championship Series. Intern is welcome to join the team for the Outdoor Series which will put the intern on the road with the team from Hangtown on May 19, 2012 thru September 8, 2012 for the last race in California. All expenses will be paid while on the road, with a little spending money!
(3) Training Available (Optional): We will pay for training and attaining Class A Driver’s License, fork lift training, safe driving practices.