For complete results, click here.
WORTHAM, Texas (June 5, 2010) - Round two of the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship commenced from Freestone Raceway in Wortham, Texas on Saturday with the Flagstar Bank Freestone National. Rockstar/Makita Suzuki's Ryan Dungey, of Belle Plaine, Minn., captured the 450 Class victory to earn his first career win at the top level of the sport.
After a tough opening round, Dungey returned stronger than ever in Texas and proved he is a title contender in the premier class. After grabbing good starts in each moto, he worked his way into the lead in the early stages and never look back, posting perfect 1-1 moto scores en route to the overall.
"It feels good to come back strong and get a win," said Dungey. "We had a tough weekend at the opening round but we went back and worked hard to get better and were able to get a win. I want to be at the front of the pack and challenge for wins and the championship so it feels good to get that first one out of the way."
Defending 450 Class champion and first round winner Chad Reed, of Australia, endured a pair of tough starts aboard his Monster Energy Kawasaki, but showed an impressive resiliency by working his way through the field, finishing second and third to grab the runner-up spot overall. Merge Racing Honda's Kyle Regal, of Kemp, Texas, grabbed a career-best third overall (5-3) in front of his hometown fans.
Despite a first turn crash in the final 250 Class moto of the day, Pourcel battled his way to the front portion of the field to finish fifth and in the end, salvaged the overall victory by virtue of a first moto win to take the early-season points lead.
"I was surprised to get the overall," said Pourcel. "I fell in the second moto and just rode as good as I could to get a good finish. It's good for the championship and I will go to High Point next weekend and try to win again."
Pourcel led the way to a Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki and international sweep of the podium as Tyla Rattray, of South Africa, tied a career-best second overall and rookie Dean Wilson, of Canada, captured the best career finish of his young career in third.
The MotorcylceUSA.com Women's Motocross Championship hosted its second round of the 2010 season as well with opening round winner Jessica Patterson remaining undefeated on the season, sweeping both motos on her way to the win for DNA Shred Stix/Star Racing Yamaha.
450 Class (Moto Finish)
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki (1-1)
- Chad Reed, Australia, Kawasaki (2-3)
- Kyle Regal, Kemp, Texas, Honda (6-2)
- Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda (7-4)
- Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Yamaha (5-10)
- Tommy Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Suzuki (4-12)
- Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM (12-5)
- Ben Townley, New Zealand, Honda (3-16)
- Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha (9-9)
- Michael Byrne, Newnan, Ga., Yamaha (8-11)
450 Class Championship Standings
- Chad Reed, Australia, Kawasaki, 87
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 76
- Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM, 68
- Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda, 66
- Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Yamaha, 60
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 55
- Ben Townley, New Zealand, Honda, 54
- Kyle Regal, Kemp, Texas, Honda, 51
- Tommy Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Suzuki, 43
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda, 37
250 Class (Moto Finish)
- Christophe Pourcel, France, Kawasaki (1-5)
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki (6-1)
- Dean Wilson, Canada, Kawasaki (3-3)
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha (8-2)
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda (4-7)
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda (2-11)
- Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda (9-6)
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki (5-12)
- Max Anstie, England, Yamaha (15-4)
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda (10-8)
250 Class Championship Standings
- Christophe Pourcel, France, Kawasaki, 86
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda, 77
- Dean Wilson, Canada, Kawasaki, 69
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda, 68
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha, 61
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki, 58
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki, 56
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 54
- Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda, 50
- Max Anstie, England, Yamaha, 40
WMX Class (Moto Finish)
- Jessica Patterson, Tallahassee, Fla., Yamaha (1-1)
- Ashley Fiolek, St. Augustine, Fla., Honda (2-2)
- Tarah Gieger, Winter Gardens, Fla., Honda (3-3)
- Vicki Golden, El Cajon, Calif., Yamaha (4-4)
- Sara Price, Canyon Lake, Calif., Kawasaki (5-5)
- Erica Cook, Natalia, Texas, Yamaha (7-10)
- Mariana Balbi, Brazil, Yamaha (10-8)
- Tatum Sik, Temecula, Calif., Yamaha (8-11)
- Sarah Whitmore, Cheboygan, Mich., KTM (12-9)
- Shelbie Brittain, Rockwall, Texas, Kawasaki (11-12)
For tickets and fan and racing information on the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, log on to www.allisports.com.