Seeing as the Monster Energy Cup is a one-off event, this isn’t the typical Injury Report you’d see on Racer X throughout the year. Although it does contain some injury news, this is more a guide as to who is and who isn’t racing this weekend.
Read below for lineups for this weekend, including Amateur All-Stars and Supermini races.
– Gajser aggravated a shoulder injury at the SMX Cup last weekend and will miss his anticipated U.S. debut.
Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha Factory
– Webb will sit out the MEC to allow injuries sustained this summer to heal. More on that here.
Red Bull KTM
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC-KTM-WPS
– Millsaps recently underwent wrist surgery and will miss this weekend.
Monster Energy Kawasaki
– Grant is back on the bike after undergoing double ankle surgery, but will not race this weekend.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna
– Osborne will race a 450 this weekend
– Anderson is out due to a broken foot sustained at the Motocross of Nations.
– Christophe Pourcel has yet to get back on the bike after his injury sustained during the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Series this summer. He’s expected to be back on the bike soon.
– JGR will not be at the MEC due to lack of testing time on the Suzukis.
RCH/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing
RCH has yet to announce their 2017 roster, so they will not be in attendance.
CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha
– Locurcio has signed with the team for 2017 but is still eligible for the Amateur All-Stars Class, which he’ll race this weekend.
– Hahn is on the official entry list, but we’ve heard he’s out for the weekend.
Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull KTM
– Smith will make his debut with the team riding a 250. McElrath will race a 350.
– Yamalube/Star Racing Yamaha, GEICO Honda and Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki will not have any members competing.
Other top 100 riders expected to compete
11 – Kyle Chisholm
75 – Nick Schmidt
98 – Matt Babbitt
James Stewart - Has yet to announce a 2017 deal. Not expected to race.
Justin Bogle - Has yet to announce a 2017 deal. Not expected to race.
Malcolm Stewart - Has yet to announce a 2017 deal. Not expected to race.
Dean Wilson - Has yet to announce a 2017 deal. Not expected to race.
Broc Tickle - Has yet to announce a 2017 deal. Not expected to race.
Jake Weimer – Has yet to announce a 2017 deal. Not expected to race.
Justin Brayton – Currently racing Australian Supercross Championship.
Wil Hahn – Currently racing Australian Supercross Championship.