MORGANTOWN, W. Va. – With the season-ending Bud Light Ironman National looming, MX Sports Pro Racing announced today the introduction of a Legends Race for the twelfth and final round of the 2015 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing. Headlined by former 450 Class champions Ricky Carmichael and Jeff Stanton, as well as beloved veterans Tim Ferry and Kevin Windham, the Legends Race is the first of its kind for the sport on such an impressive stage.
The truly special showcase will kick off the pro action at Ironman Raceway on Saturday, August 22, at 12 Noon ET on an afternoon where champions will be crowned. As the newest venue in the world’s most prestigious dirt-bike racing series, the Crawfordsville, Indiana, facility will not only serve as the final battleground of the summer-long championship, but also a brand new venue for the sport’s most successful names to showcase their talents years after they hung up their racing boots.
These four riders are four of the most successful riders in racing history, both in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship and FIM/AMA Supercross series. Each has enjoyed the taste of victory and perhaps even more significantly, the satisfaction and jubilation of winning a championship. More Legends will be announced to join the lineup before the August 22 race.
- 10-Time Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Champion (7 in 450 Class; 3 in 250 Class)
- Five-Time FIM/AMA Supercross Champion
- Four-Time Motocross of Nations Champion
- Winningest rider in the history of the sport
- AMA Motorcycle and Motorsports Hall of Fame Inductee
- 1997 125cc East Region Supercross Champion
- Two-Time Motocross of Nations Champion
- Three-Time Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Winner
- Three-Time Lucas Oil Pro Motocross 450 Class Champion
- Three-Time FIM/AMA Supercross Champion
- Three-Time Motocross of Nations Champion
- AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Inductee
- Two-Time 125cc West Region Supercross Champion
- 2005 Motocross of Nations Champion
- 17-Time Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Winner
In addition to the professional action on the track, the Bud Light Ironman National will also feature a full slate of amateur competition, bookending the pros on Friday, August 21, and Sunday, August 22. A two-moto format is scheduled for both days, with the Women’s Motocross Championship (WMX) finale highlighting Friday’s racing and the Hoosier State Championship taking place Sunday.
All information about the festivities surrounding the Bud Light Ironman National can be found by visiting IronmanProMX.com.
For tickets and additional information, please visit AlliSports.com/motocross and LIKE the Pro Motocross Facebook page and follow @ProMotocross on Twitter and Instagram for exclusive content and additional information on the latest Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship news.