AURORA, Ill. – A boisterous crowd filled Broadbent Arena on Friday night as the AMA Arenacross Series completed the first of two nights of action in Louisville, Ky., at round four the 11-round championship. After 25 exciting laps of bar-to-bar racing, a familiar face stood atop the podium. Points leader, Mahindra Tractors/Tuf Honda’s Jeff Gibson, of Westerville, Ohio, held off all challengers for his third win of the season. The victory is Gibson’s second consecutive, dating back to last Saturday’s race in Dayton, Ohio. CCM/Pro Circuit Yamaha’s Codi Adams, of Batavia, Ohio, topped the AMA Arenacross Lites class for the second time this season.
Gibson continued his front-running consistency that has characterized the 2009 season. Through six races, he has yet to finish off of the podium and continues to build on his points lead. On Friday night, he capitalized on a good start and cruised to the win, leading every lap of the main.
“I just got a good start and put my head down,” said Gibson. “Consistency is the key and I’ve been fortunate so far this season. I really would like to thank Mahindra Tractors and Tuf Honda for their support and thank you to the fans for coming out tonight.”
Triple Effect Kawasaki’s Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, posted his best finish of the season with an impressive runner-up effort, leading the way for a 2-3 finish by Triple Effect Kawasaki with teammate Brock Sellards, of Sherodsville, Ohio, rounding out the podium.
Adams took charge in the AMA Arenacross Lites class, backing up his opening-round victory in Grand Rapids, Mich. with a strong outing on Friday night. He held off a stellar effort by Orient Express Suzuki’s Dave Ginolfi, of Lake Hopatlong, N.J., in second while reigning Eastern Division champion and Makson Construction Suzuki rider Tyler Bright, of Lexington, Ky., finished third.
The Louisville Arenacross concludes on Saturday, January 24 from Broadbent Arena at 7:30 p.m. ET.
AMA Arenacross Class Results, (Louisville, Ky.)
- Jeff Gibson, Westerville, Ohio, Honda
- Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki
- Brock Sellards, Sherodsville, Ohio, Kawasaki
- Michael Willard, Thornville, Ohio, Kawasaki
- Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Honda
- Codi Adams, Batavia, Ohio, Yamaha
- Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki
- Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda
- Tyler Bright, Lexington, N.C., Suzuki
- Keith Johnson, Albuquerque, N.M., Yamaha
AMA Arenacross Class Lites Results (Louisville, Ky.)
1. Codi Adams, Batavia, Ohio, Yamaha
2. Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki
3. Tyler Bright, Lexington, N.C., Suzuki
4. Steven Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, Honda
5. Tyler Medaglia, Kemptville, Ohio, Kawasaki
6. Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Kawasaki
7. Matt Maier, Green Bay, Wis., KTM
8. Ronnie Stewart, Easton, Pa., Suzuki
9. Josh Thomas, Climax, N.C., Suzuki
10. Scott Metz, Brookville, Ind., Kawasaki
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy® Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Freestyle Motocross, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com