Good news for the motocross masses in Southern California: it appears both Glen Helen Raceway and State Fair MX are about to reopen for riding. Glen Helen is pitching a return date for this weekend, starting April 25th. State Fair doesn't have a date set yet but a return seems due shortly.
We've culled this information from the social media channels for both tracks.
We received the best phone call today! The San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department reached out to us and told us we can open for practice. We couldn't be more excited to share the news with you as I'm sure you can't wait to get back on your bike and ride. We will also be giving away the "I've Already Got My Mask" stickers to everyone through the gate (while supplies last).
We will be opening with new practice days and times:
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. to dusk
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to dusk
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to dusk
As you might guess, we have implemented new social distancing guidelines that will help keep riders safe. Those are listed below.
View this post on Instagram
WE CAN OPEN!!! Finally some great news!!! Effective this Saturday,April 25th, we will be open for practice. We will have new social distancing policies in place which we will post shortly. Look for more info to come. #glenhelenraceway #feelthespeed #lucasoil #yamaha #procircuit #toyota
GLEN HELEN RACEWAY SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS
- No spectators, photographers, and/or trainers allowed.
- Riders under 18 may have a single parent/guardian with them.
- All attendees must wear face protection during attendance when not wearing a helmet.
- No high-risk persons allowed (as determined by health department).
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is not allowed.
- Attendees must park vehicles at least 10 feet apart and maintain at least 6 feet between each other at all times inside the park.
- Maximum number of attendees is 75 at any given time.
- No events or group activities allowed.
- Bathrooms will be open and available to 1 person at a time. Both have hand wash stations. Bathrooms will be sanitized periodically to maintain cleanliness.
- All bleachers and seating areas are closed.
State Fair MX (AKA Star West)
We were just told that we will get to re-open! Just waiting on the fine print and guidelines to be posted and we will share with you all the requirements. These will have to be followed exactly to remain open. Timeline and details coming soon!
[Update: Friday, April 24]
State Fair MX released the following press release:
Okay, the news we have been waiting to share is finally here! Practice is back open at State Fair MX and Perris Raceway!
We created a page that is for booking a reservation in the practice session for Perris Raceway or State Fair MX because there is a limited rider count of 75 and we don not want people to make the drive unless they know they have a spot reserved. We are in unique times so it requires unique measures. Please read this all the way to the bottom before proceeding so that we can make sure you have the best visit possible.
For now booking is only available through the weekend. We will use this as a test run and adapt it for next week but we are going back to our normal schedule for all tracks except SX. Supercross will open on Tuesday and Thursday 9am-2pm starting 4/28/20 at State Fair MX and it will have it's own limit of riders since it is on a different site. Pre reserved spaces will not be required for SX.
Unlimited Pass (formerly FAST Pass) holders are not being billed at this time. Everyone will pay $30 at the gate due to rider count restrictions. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can lift this restriction.
Tuesday - Mini Night 4-9pm
Wednesday - Open Practice 4-9pm
Thursday - Open Practice 4-9pm
Friday - Open Practice 10am - 3pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am - 2pm
Gates open one hour before practice starts
State Fair MX:
Monday 9am - 4pm
Tuesday 9am - 4pm
Wednesday 9am - 4pm
Thursday 9am - 4pm
Friday - Closed
Saturday and Sunday 9am - 4pm
Gates open one hour before practice starts.
***Important to read this***
Due to COVID-19 procedures we will have a couple of additional rules for attendees. These have to be observed and obeyed in order for us to stay open. If you don't want to see any more closures please read carefully below and make sure you are not caught voiding any policies. Local authorities will be watching.
- There are no spectators allowed. Riders only. The only exception to a non rider is if the rider is a minor and one guardian/parent will be allowed per vehicle. Unfortunately for now this eliminates all trainers, photographers and non riding siblings or family.
- All riders and guardian/parents will be required to wear face protection once entering the facility. Riders will be required to put on face protection whenever a helmet is worn but are not required to wear both a helmet and face protection. Some form of face protection will be required by every person in the facility at all times.
- High risk groups (as determined by the Riverside University Health System Public Health Department) are not permitted. Visit https://www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus for more information.
- If you are feeling any symptoms of illness do not attend.
- Attendees are required to park no less than 10' apart and to remain at least 6' apart from all other attendees at all times.
- Please use the provided hand wash areas that are available at each track and wash frequently if you need to visit any common areas.
- All bleachers are closed.
- Follow all normal rules and requirements such as no guardian/parent on the track at all times.
Practice sessions must be pre booked through this system. Do not book a session unless you are 100% sure that you are going to come in or you could be taking the spot away from another rider. If the session or day you are looking to book is full chose another available day. If riders are seen no showing sessions we will make changes, but it makes the reservation process more complicated.
We appreciate all the communication had from Code Enforcement, City Manager, City Attorney, District Supervisors Office, Riverside County Health and the cooperation with additional local authorities. We also appreciate working with the local tracks because this was a group effort from tracks as far north as Cal City all the way down to our area.
Observe the rules and we should be able to avoid any further shut downs.
To reserve a practice spot go to CLICK HERE
If you have ridden our tracks before you should have a profile set up. First click Sign In in the top right of the page.
Then go to Create an Account. Enter your email address.
If you email has already been input into the system and you don't remember the password click the link to the left "need a new password" and reset.
Once you sign in the top left of the page will have three tabs. Click "Limited Open Practice" and click "Sign Up Now" making sure the correct track has been selected in the column to the right.
Make sure to click "Register as Unpaid" and you will pay at the gate.
[Update: wednesday, April 29]
Fox Raceway at Pala
Fox Raceway at Pala released the following press release:
The facility will resume normal business hours starting this Friday, May 1.
The below rules will be enforced as safety precautions around COVID-19:
-Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is not allowed.
-All guests must provide their own face covering.
-All guests must wear a face covering when not wearing a helmet.
-Guests must park vehicles at least 10 feet apart.
-All guests must maintain at least 6 feet of distance between each other at all times.
-No congregating with fellow guests (other than the people you arrived with). No group training or instruction
-Bathrooms and common areas will be sanitized to maintain cleanliness.
-Get your laps in and then exit the facility
-Customers that do not comply with social distancing and face-covering requirements will be asked to leave the Raceway.