Company: Racer X Illustrated
Position: Digital Sales Representative
Location: Southern California or Morgantown, WV
Industry: Magazine Production
Job Type: Full-time Employee
Benefits: A host of benefits, including health insurance and retirement plans, are available under varying terms and conditions.
- Live in or be willing to move to Southern California or Morgantown, WV. (If based in Morgantown, travel to Southern California will be required 4-6 times annually to meet with clients in person.)
- Have at least four years of sales experience.
- Understand digital. The position requires selling digital ads and having a strong understanding of the content posted across our various sites.
- Understand social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and whatever’s next.
- Communicate well. The applicant will be working with a variety of advertisers and staff each day.
- Be organized. You’ll be involved in a wide variety of projects.
- Be reliable. You’ve got to come through, whether simply showing up for work on time or nurturing a project successfully from beginning to end.
- Be willing to put in the time. A job in this sport is not 9-to-5. If you want a 9-5 job, this isn’t the position for you. You will also be required to work multiple weekends throughout the year.
- Be cool. Seriously, this is a tough job, but it’s pretty amazing at the same time. We all work hard, but we’re making something we absolutely love and are proud to be a part of. This position is integral to our business; you will have the opportunity to be creative and be a part of the team, working directly with Racer X staffers including Davey Coombs and Jason Weigandt. The position provides plenty of opportunity, but that opportunity comes with a responsibility to embrace it all. A negative attitude isn’t a plus.
About the Job:
This position will report to the sales and production director. The digital sales representative's job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Hit sales goals through aggressive, well-organized sales efforts
- Carefully manage account base and record all relevant sales-account updates
- Prospect new accounts within and outside the motocross industry
- Visit key clients in SoCal on a regular basis, drop off new issues, and record visit details; develop strong relationships at all levels with target agencies and client-direct by means of prospecting, generating meetings, and entertaining clients
- Visit to local tracks with the new issue each month to help with grassroots presence
- Use calendar to share industry functions with the sales and editorial teams
- Give feedback on reader surveys, media kits, sales collateral, etc.
- Assist marketing manager on Racer X Ride Day on-site details, as needed
- Assist marketing manager on SoCal hospitality event on-site details, as needed
- Assist with social media
- Product reviews as needed
- Entertaining key clients
- Experience with CRM systems and a technical aptitude to learn new technologies
- Successful digital sales experience with consistent demonstrable overachievement
- College B.A. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or Communications is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM systems, and website CMS
To apply, please submit the following to: email@example.com
- Cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for this job
- Please include the job title in the headline
We’ll be accepting résumés through November 2. Hiring will begin as soon as possible after the submission deadline, and then we get to work.