- DOB: 11/24/1984
- Birthplace: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Team: Star/Valli Motorsports Rockstar Yamaha
- Team Manager:
#23Gareth SwanepoelGareth Swanepoel's Website
• Multiple South African Junior Moto X Association Champion in the following classes; 50cc Automatic, PW 80cc Semi Automatic, DS 80cc Lever, KX 60cc Lever
• Competed at the 1993 NMA World Mini Grand Prix in Las Veges, USA at eight years of age and won the 50cc stock class and finished second in the 60cc stock class.
• First runner up South African 80cc Championship in 1998.
• South African 125cc High School National Champion in 1999.
• Rode as a guest rider for UK based MJ Church Kawasaki in the 125cc Schoolboy Class at the Sheffield Supercross in the UK in 1999, achieving overall 3rd position.
• 2000 -2002 Rode for Vangani KTM in European and international events.
• 2001 – MX of Nations for South Africa
• 2003 - German 125cc Champion + MX of Nations rider for South Africa
• 2003 - German Open Champion + Bercy SX contender
• 2004 - 8th position at AMA 125cc National USA in Unadilla.
• 2004 - 5th overall at GP of Ireland and a 4th position first heat finish at the GP of South Africa.
• 2004 - 10th and 4th at the MX of Nations in Lierop
• 2004 – 21st in MX2 Championship
• 2005 – Shoulder surgery at the start of the year saw Gareth miss the first rounds of the World and British championship.
• 2005 – Two 7th places in South African GP + British championship moto wins 21st MX2 championship, 5th British MX2 championship.
• 2006 – 11th in MX2 overall standings with numerous top 5 placings.
• 2007 – 2nd MX2 GP of Lierop, 3rd MX2 GP of Valkenswaard. (5th MX2 championship) Winner of 4 of 8 rounds British champs.
• 2008 – 10th MX2 GP of the Netherlands. 3rd MX2 British champs Hawkstone Park. (Missed most of season due to wrist injury)
• 2009 – 8th MX1 World championship. 2nd British MX1 Championship
Contributors: Bad Billy , Chase Stallo