- Ivan Tedesco: Change is GoodJanuary 13, 2011Some people may not realize that behind the winners, behind the riders that stand on the podium week-in and week-out, there are guys that put in a tremendous amount of work each week trying to become better racers.
- 5 Minutes With... Mitch PaytonJanuary 12, 2011What a night for Pro Circuit’s Mitch Payton this past Saturday at Anaheim Stadium as his team went 1-2-3 in the 250 class. It was a fantastic way to start the year for the powerhouse Southern California house of horsepower and one that I’m sure Mitch and his entire team put a lot of work into to make sure it happened. The team just shows up, year after year since 1991, and no matter who’s on the bike, the rider performs
- Observations: Anaheim 1January 12, 2011The first race of the 2011 season kicked off and the first of what is 29 races (17 SX and 12 MX) has started. The series kicked off at the traditional Angel Stadium at Anaheim (can you imagine kicking the SX series anywhere else? Remember when they went to Orlando? What was that all about?) and we were set for some exciting racing.
- The BTOSports.com Racer X Podcast: Ping & WeigandtJanuary 11, 2011With Anaheim 1 still in the rearview mirror, Matthes calls up a couple of guys he trusts to get the low-down on everything that happened in both classes. Jason Weigandt and David Pingree break everything down and try to make sense of what we saw on Saturday night, good and bad.
- Chad Reed - The GambleJanuary 5, 2011What makes a champion tick? What makes a person rise up above everyone else to be the best in the world at something, be it checkers, chess or supercross racing? We’ve all seen the most talented one, the one who had it come easy but could not reach the heights many had predicted. We’ve established that to be a hero in anything, you cannot just rely on talent alone, you have to have a drive to be the best, a desire to put in the work and just the right amount of cockiness and arrogance to know that you can’t be beaten. These things make up the cocktail of a champion.
- 5 Minutes With... Andrew ShortJanuary 5, 2011One rider who is coming into the 2011 Monster Energy Supercross season with some question marks is long-time Honda rider Andrew Short. But wait, he’s not on a Honda anymore! Shorty switched over to a new color and some new CC’s at that. Riding for Red Bull KTM on the still-new and developing KTM 350SXF, Andrew isn’t picked by many to be in the front this coming weekend (well except for that one guy on the Pulpmx Show who said he will win) but perhaps he should be. Year in and year out Shorty is a podium threat no matter what class or discipline he rides. He’s a consummate professional who puts in the work and with Anaheim coming up he talks about his chances, his bike and his multi-national team.
- The BTOSports.com Racer X Podcast: Chad ReedJanuary 4, 2011By Steve Matthes
I'm back here at Racer X and one thing that means is it's Podcast time! And we're going to kick off 2011 with the same guy that kicked off 2009 for me here at Racer X. And that means it's Chad Reed time.
- Is 2011 Ryan Villopoto's Revenge?January 4, 2011There’s nothing I can do to fix it or re-do it (the crash) so I don’t worry about it. It’s definitely frustrating. Kawasaki hired me to do a job and I haven’t fulfilled my end of the bargain.