The SoCal Vintage MX Classic 3 is coming Saturday, June 9th 2012 to the Barona Oaks MX Park. www.baronaoaksmx.com
There will be classes for all Vintage ('74 older), Evo ('76-'83) and Revo bikes ('84-'94) in addition to a 2-Stroke (Open) and Modern bike class for all those non-vintage racers. The track layout will be Vet and Vintage friendly and a special layout for this race. This is the only Vintage race at Barona Oaks this year, so don't miss it.
• MX LEGENDS- Come ride and hang out with former MX Legends: Marty Smith, Mike Bell, Marty Tripes, Ron Lechien, Jim Gibson, Scott Burnworth, Steve Stackable, Tommy Croft, Brian Myerscough, Mike Beier, Bill Silverthorn, Gary Chaplin, Gary Faxon and more. There will be a post-race Legends Autograph Session with FREE POSTERS!
• CLASSES - Vintage, Post-Vintage, Minis, 2-Stroke and Modern bike classes. We will also feature the "Marty Tripes 100cc Works Revenge" and a special tribute race for our "Fallen MX Heroes" (*FREE entry to the 1st 40 riders to enter) No Pre-Entry.
• TEAM RACE - One of the popular classes last year was the Team Race. Once again we will feature this action packed event. Each rider will ride his own bike then switch a wristband at a designated point. This is a ton of fun!
• ENTRIES- Sign-up the day of the race- $5.00 off for CALVMX, ARX, CMC/Marty Tripes members, or any other VMX Club member.
*All OUT OF STATE Riders will get 1/2 OFF ENTRY FEES! (AZ, NV, UT, ID, etc)
• VINTAGE BIKE SHOW - Bring out your vintage bikes to display, as we will be having a Vintage MX Bike Show. The categories are:
1947-1965, 1966-1975, 1976-1986, Minis up to 1986, Sidecars, Best Preserved/Unrestored and Crowd Favorite. Special awards will be given out for 1st and 2nd places.
• SPECIAL EVENT TEES - We will have a special event t-shirts remembering our "Fallen MX Heroes".
• CUSTOM MEDALS - Custom fabricated medals will be awarded for all classes.
• PRIZES - We have great prizes from Maxima, FMF, Thor, Dunlop, Spy, Race Tech, Aerial7, Motoworld, Julian Hard Cider, Grombomb and more!
• POST-RACE BBQ - Post Race BBQ and bench racing session. Stay and chat with some of the greatest racers of all time.
• CAMPING - Friday & Saturday night ($10 per night) *We encourage everyone to camp out and have a good time!
*RACE DAY SIGN UP ONLY!
Gates open: All night Friday and 6:30am Saturday
Sign Ups: 7:00am - 8:30am
Riders Meeting: 8:45am
First Race: 10:30am
**NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED!
For more information go to: www.SoCalMXClassic.com or call 619-549-2997
Stay tuned to our FACEBOOK page for all the latest news: SoCal Vintage MX Classic
Track Info: www.baronaoaksmx.com
We hope to see you there on June 9th.