Old Bridge Township’s Raceway Park is getting ready for the 2009 edition of the Team Green Motocross Race of Champions, the east coast’s most prestigious fall classic motocross race. Over $10,000 in cash will be awarded, $20,000 worth of Kawasaki contingency is up for grabs, and free bikes will be awarded to three lucky youth and amateur competitors.
The event, sponsored by Kawasaki Motor Corp USA and its participating Kawasaki dealers will take place starting on Friday October 2nd with an open practice from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The weekend continues on Saturday, October 3rd with a full day of amateur and semi-pro racing featuring some of the best riders in the northeast. Finally, Sunday October 4th brings in the pro riders for the AMA pro-am motocross race with nearly $10,000 cash up for grabs in the premier pro-expert classes.Sunday will also offer special races throughout the day (see “more” below) where three bikes will be given away in addition to an on track interview and autograph sessions with three time AMA 250 class champion & Monster Energy Kawasaki team member, Ryan Villopoto.
Throughout the years, fans at Raceway Park have cheered motocross immortals like James Stewart, Ricky Carmichael, Tim Ferry, Michael Byrne, Jeff Emig, Ryan Hughes, Mike Kiedrowski, Johnny O’Mara, Jeff Ward, Mike Larocco, Donnie Schmidt, Damon Huffman and dozens more as they raced to the checkered flag to etch their names into the KROC record books. One of today’s biggest motocross stars, Ryan Villopoto, will be joined by dozens of Kawasaki Team Green Support racers from all over the USA and over 600 other motocross racers.
For many of the KROC Motocross Competitors, the race has evolved into much more than an annual special Englishtown MX event. For those who seek to become a part of its mystique, winning this event has become a must-do to complete any great rider’s resume of event wins.
This years edition of the famed event features intense racing as riders from all over the country chase their share of the $10,000+ Pro-Expert purse and over $20,000 in manufactures contingency postings and, more important, a spot in KROC history.
Three lucrative bonus events are guaranteed to increase the level of excitement for fans and riders during the weekend. The very best trophy class racers from Saturday’s KROC Amateur classes will qualify to return on Sunday to compete in the “IRONMAN CLASSIC”, “MINI CYCLE SHOOTOUT” AND “KESSLER CUP” events. All three of these classes will be awarding brand new Kawasaki KX Motocross bikes. (Visit www.racewaypark.com for details.)
The complete 33rd Anniversary Event Schedule is as follows:
- Friday, October 2nd gates open at 8:00 a.m. for early participant pit parking.
- Open practice on the actual race track will take place from 10:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Early sign-up for Saturday’s racing will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday evening.
- Saturday, October 3rd gates open 6:00 a.m. with sign up from 6:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Practice starts 8:30 a.m. with Trophy Class and Semi-Pro racing from 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, October 4th is the feature day and gates open at 7:00 a.m. with practice at 9:00 a.m.
- Pre-elimination qualifiers at 10:30 a.m.
- Pre-race ceremonies with Rich Trevelise beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Feature racing including the KROC special exhibition event begins at 1:00 p.m.
- Autograph sessions, vendors, and new Kawasaki Motorcycle displays all afternoon.
- Tickets on sale at the gates only. No advance tickets needed.
For more information call Raceway Park (732)-446-7800 or go to www.racewaypark.com