FUNCHAL (PORTUGAL) – The glamorous side of Off Road Racing will be on display this Saturday at Monaco, Monte Carlo, during the fourth edition of the FIM Off Road Awards promoted by Youthstream.
The fascinating event will celebrate and award all the 2008 World Champions in Motocross, SuperMoto, Snowcross, Sidecar Cross, Freestyle Motocross during an amazing gala dinner taking place at Monaco’s Salle Des Etoiles, a magnificent salon surrounded by glass walls allowing a stunning view on the Monte Carlo bay by night.
The event will start off at 6.30 pm with the official press conference and cocktail taking place at Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel and it will continue with the gala dinner and prize giving ceremony beginning at 8.30 pm in the Salle Des Etoiles where last year 400 guests joined the celebrations.
The FIM Awards are expected to be once again a great show offering unique memories to the guests attending as it was last year when Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo called up on the stage Michele Rinaldi, Eric Geboers, Jean Michel Bayle, Dave Thorpe and Roger De Coster for an unexpected revival of the history of the sport.
Part of last year’s show was this exceptional gathering of Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo with former World Champions Michele Rinaldi, Eric Geboers, Jean Michel Bayle, Roger De Coster, Dave Thorpe
The FIM Off Road Awards will be broadcast on TV by channels such as Motors TV (Pan Europe), Moto TV (Italy), Sport TV Portugal, Sport TV Slovenia, Five (UK), ART (Pan Middle East), FOX Sports (Pan Middle East and Africa), America One Sports (USA), FOX Sports (Australia), Freecaster.tv (Worldwide). More info on the schedules will be released soon.
The list of the awarded personalities includes:
· MX1 World Champion - David Philippaerts
· MX2 World Champion and Lovemytime MX2 Qualifying Award Winner - Tyla Rattray
· MX3 World Champion - Sven Breugelmans
· Women’s World Champion - Livia Lancelot
· 125cc Junior World Champion - Matiss Karro
· 85cc Junior World Champion - Jeffrey Herlings
· Junior Motocross World Championship Nations - Holland
· Veteran’s World Cup Winner - Peter Iven
· “Jan De Groot” Award - Gert Krestinov
· MX1 Manufacturer World Champion - Suzuki
· MX2 Manufacturer World Champion - KTM
· MX3 Manufacturer World Champion - KTM
· MX1 Winning Team - Team Teka Suzuki WMX1
· MX2 Winning Team - Team Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
· MX3 Winning Team - Team JM KTM Racing
· Lovemytime MX1 Pole Position Award Winner – Sebastien Pourcel
· S1 World Champion - Bernd Hiemer
· S2 World Champion - Adrien Chareyre
· SuperMoto of Nations Winner Italy - Ivan Lazzarini-Davide Gozzini-Attilio Pignotti
· “Marcel Seurat” Award - Elia Sammartin
· S1 Manufacturer World Champion - Aprilia
· S2 Manufacturer World Champion - Husqvarna
· S1 Winning Team - D.R.C. SuperMoto Aprilia Factory Team
· S2 Winning Team - Team Husqvarna CH Racing
· FMX World Champion - Rémi Bizouard
· Snowcross World Champion - Emil Öhman
· Sidecar Cross driver World Champion - Daniël Willemsen
· Sidecar Cross passenger World Champion - Reto Grütter
· Sidecar Cross Manufacturer World Champion - VMC
Other special award winners will be announced during the gala night.
Information, photos and results are online at http://www.youthstream.org, the official website of Youthstream.
Freecaster.tv is the prime source of LIVE and On-Demand coverage for action sports on the Internet. Watch the 2009 FIM Snowcross World Championship, the 2009 FIM MX1/MX2/MX3 and Women’s World Championship and the 2009 SuperMoto World Championship races exclusively, LIVE and free on www.freecaster.tv.
Youthstream is the company that manages the exclusive television, marketing and promotional world wide rights of the FIM Motocross World Championship, the FIM Motocross of Nations, the FIM Women's Motocross World Championship, the FIM Veteran's Motocross World Cup, the FIM Junior Motocross World Championship, the FIM SuperMoto World Championship, the FIM SuperMoto of Nations, the FIM Snowcross World Championship, the UEM Motocross European Championship, the UEM Motocross of European Nations and the UEM SuperMoto European Championship.