Sebastien Pourcel (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:21.030; 3. David Philippaerts (ITA, Yamaha), +0:33.076; 4. Jonathan Barragan (ESP, KTM), +0:35.481; 5. Julien Bill (SUI, Honda), +0:44.913
Nations classification top five: USA, France, Great Britain, Italy, Spain
HEAT 2 – MX2+OPEN
A rainy second heat saw Cooper take the holeshot for team New Zealand but USA’s Villopoto got off to a great start as well to move past Cooper by the end of lap one. The American pulled away to win his only moto of the day as Cooper faced Boissiere’s attacks until the Frenchman passed. Later on the Frenchman broke his front tyre and went through the pit-lane for a quick check. He rejoined the race in 18th place. Cooper found himself back in second when Boissiere went out but Ramon charged to snatch the runner up spot. The New Zealander was also passed by Great Britain’s Searle becoming the only home rider to take a top three finish in this Red Bull Motocross of Nations. Cooper was an eventual fourth ahead of Italy’s Salvini and Puerto Rico’s Osborne recovering to sixth after a crash at the start.
Top five: 1. Ryan Villopoto (USA, Kawasaki), 36:14.798; ; 2. Steve Ramon (BEL, Suzuki), +0:24.632; 3. Tommy Searle (GBR, KTM), +0:25.490; 4. Cody Cooper (NZL, Suzuki), +0:27.281; 5. Alex Salvini (ITA, Suzuki), +0:39.243
Nations classification top five: USA, Italy, Great Britain, France, Belgium
HEAT 3 – MX1+OPEN
Pourcel led the pack into turn one with Stewart moving past him before the end of lap one. The Kawasaki duo ran away from the rest of the field following with a five second gap already after the first five minutes of racing. Pourcel moved past Stewart then the American took the lead again leaving Pourcel behind. With only a couple of minutes to go Stewart made a mistake and crashed; he was an eventual 23rd as Ferry brought the bike home in fifth saving team USA’s win. Philippaerts ended right ahead of Stewart in 22nd as he also crashed with team Italy losing their podium chance. Pourcel was the eventual winner ahead of Leok making up for the mechanical failure of heat one. Nagl was third for Germany followed by Belgian De Dycker. It was a dramatic finale for home team Great Britain with Mackenzie crashing out when he was fifth; the squad dropped down the rankings as Mackenzie ended 11th.
Top five: 1. Sebastien Pourcel (FRA, Kawasaki), 35:55.949; ; 2. Tanel Leok (EST, Kawasaki), +0:05.763; 3. Maximilian Nagl (GER, KTM), +0:26.044; 4. Ken de Dycker (BEL, Suzuki), +0:37.085; 5. Tim Ferry (USA, Kawasaki), +0:40.251
Nations classification top five FINAL: USA, France, Belgium, Great Britain, Italy
Next year’s Red Bull FIM Motocross of Nations is due to be held in Franciacorta, Italy, hosting the 63rd edition of the event.
THE EVENT’S SCHEDULE
The Red Bull MXoN was broadcast live on:
The Red Bull MXoN will be broadcast delayed on:
- EUROSPORT 2 (Pan Europe) : Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- VRT (Belgium): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- GALAXIE SPORT (Czech Republic): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- ART (Pan Middle East): Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- SPORT TV (Slovenia): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- RED BULL TV (Austria): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- MEDIAZONE (Worldwide): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- TRANS 7 (Indonesia): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- SPORT TV (Portugal): Race 1 at 14:00, Race 2 at 15:30 and Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- ETV (Estonia): Race 3 at 17:00 CET
- EUROSPORT 2 (Pan Europe): Monday September 29; Race 2 at 11:30 and Race 3 at 15:00 CET
- MOTORS TV (Pan Europe): Tuesday September 30; Race 1 at 21:00, Race 2 at 21:55, Race 3 at 22:50. Wednesday October 1; Race 1 at 11:00, Race 2 at 11:55, Race 3 at 12:50. Thursday October 2; Race 1 at 14:55, Race 2 at 15:50, Race 3 at 16:40 CET
- SPORT ITALIA (Italy): Sunday September 28; Race 1 at 16:30, Race 2 at 17:30, Race 3 at 18:30 CET
- EUROSPORT WORLD (Pan Asia): Sunday September 28; Race 1 at 17:00, Race 2 at 18:00, Race 3 at 19:00. Monday September 29; Race 1 at 08:00 and at 21:00, Race 3 at 08:45 and at 21:45. Tuesday September 30; Race 3 at 14:00. Wednesday October 1; Race 1 at 11:00 and Race 3 at 11:45. Thursday October 2; Race 3 at 04:15. Friday October 3; Race 3 at 06:15 GMT
- AMERICA ONE SPORTS (USA): Second Tuesday after the Red Bull MXoN; Race 3 at 21:00 and at 22:00 USA Eastern Time
- GAORA (Japan): Race 1, Race 2, Race 3 N/A CET
- SPORT 1 (Lithuania) : Race 3 N/A CET
-Race 1 mixes MX1 and MX2 classes
-Race 2 mixes MX2 and Open classes
-Race 3 mixes MX1 and Open classes
Information, photos and results are online at http://www.motocrossMX1.com, the official website of the FIM Motocross World Championships.
More information on the series are available online in the official FIM Motocross World Championship Guide, which can be watched by clicking here.
MediaZone Moto is the leading global online broadcaster of Motocross and SuperMoto events. Fans worldwide can watch the thrills from this and every race of the 2008 FIM Motocross & SuperMoto World Championships LIVE and On Demand exclusively at www.MediaZoneMoto.com.
Youthstream is the company that manages the exclusive television, marketing and promotional world wide rights of the FIM Motocross World Championship, the FIM Motocross of Nations, the FIM Women's Motocross World Championship, the FIM Veteran's Motocross World Cup, the FIM Junior Motocross World Championship, the FIM SuperMoto World Championship, the FIM SuperMoto of Nations, the FIM Snowcross World Championship, the UEM Motocross European Championship, the UEM Motocross of European Nations and the UEM SuperMoto European Championship.