The third and final free practice session just came to a close here at Donington Park, with Team USA coming out on top of two of the three classes. The MX1 class was first to hit the course, and Monster Energy Kawasaki's James Stewart took his time getting up to speed on the moist and tacky course, waiting for some lines to form before laying down a 1:57.360 on lap 12 to lead the class. Other notable rider times include Marc de Reuver, who was seventh fastest with a 2.00.036; Josh Coppins was ninth with a 2:00.917; and Chad Reed, aboard his new Rockstar/Makita Suzuki wa 11th fastest with a 2:01.197.
In the MX2 class it was defending MX2 class champion Ryan Villopoto leading the class with a 1:58.075, coming on lap 13. His Pro Circuit teammate in America, Brett Metcalfe, logged a 2:01.044 for the sixth fastest time in the MX2 class. Canada's Tyler Medaglia was 18th fastest, and Puerto Rico's Tarah Gieger was 30th fastest with a 2:12.957.
The MX3 class was the third and final practice session of the morning, with Tim Ferry and Zach Osborne trading best lap times throughout practice until Nicolas Aubin topped both on the very last lap.
The qualifying heats start at 2:30 p.m. and each race is 20 minute-plus-two-lap moto. Below are the top five practice times from each class:
1. James Stewart (Kaw) USA - 1:57.360
2. Sebastien Pourcel (Kaw) FRA - 1:57.879
3. Billy Mackenzie (Hon) GBR - 1:58.312
4. Ken de Dycker (Suz) BEL - 1:59.155
5. David Philippaerts (Yam) ITA - 1:59.860
MX2 1. Ryan Villopoto (Kaw) USA - 1:58.075
2. Tommy Searle (KTM) GBR - 1:58.738
3. Tyla Rattray (KTM) RSA - 1:59.131
4. Martin Barr (Yam) IRL - 2:00.707
5. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Suz) BEL - 2:00.913
MX3 1. Nicolas Aubin (Yam) FRA - 1:58.482
2. Tim Ferry (Kaw) USA - 1:58.804
3. Zach Osborne (Yam) PUR - 1:58.804
4. Shaun Simpson (KTM) GBR - 1:59.950
5. Steve Ramon (Suz) BEL - 2:00.194