The Bionic Neck Support - Carbon - Key Features
• Pivot Key system: A special magnesium key located at the rear allows the convenient front opening of the device while also allowing it to be dismantled in an emergency.
• Fitting System: Fine adjustment of the shoulder height allows a more personalised fit – particularly for individuals who have a shorter than normal neck.
• Rear Stabiliser Failure system: In the event of large loads being channeled onto the rear stabiliser (the part that sits on the back) there are a number of deliberate bending and fracture points designed to relieve extreme loads that may be transmitted down the back. These include:
o Deflection of foam tail
o Grooves to allow deflection of support structure tip
o Fracture area of support structure tip
o Fracture of supporting members (also fracture if subject to side loads that could cause a large rotation to the head).
• Collar Bone preservation 1: All parts in contact with the body use an expanded foam compound to distribute the impact force over the widest area yet remain light in weight.
• Collar Bone preservation 2: A continuous frame member runs over the shoulders – this means there are no weak points in a critical part of the frame and that there are no metal pins or screws sitting directly above the shoulders which could be dislodged into the shoulders or collarbone during an accident.
• Choice of Strap Systems. The BNS is supplied with the X-Strap System which allows a small, light strap (worn over or under the jersey) to secure the device to the rider. The larger A-Strap assembly (available as a separate accessory) provides a traditional chest strap for those who like to wear the protector tight to the body.
• Carbon Composite frame to maximize frame stiffness and minimize weight.
• Mounting points for accessories: Assist the integration of the BNS with your own Alpinestars accessories.
Sizes: S, M, L
Price : $ 679.95