Wharton turned in an awe-inspiring comeback in moto 2 and was awarded the Muscle Milk Recovery Award. This award is given to the rider with the most improvement between the first and second moto.
Alessi finished 8-6, which was good for sixth overall. He's currently in eighth place overall in season points standings behind his brother, Mike.
Cooper finished ninth overall and is in fifth place in overall points standings in his first full-year competing on the Toyota AMA Motocross Championships. The New Zealand native will continue to give chase to the top racers in the AMA Motocross class as the circuit heads to Southwick, Mass., this weekend.
"Adding to an already solid summer of racing, Pirelli Tire-backed racers Jeff Alessi and Cody Cooper continue to climb the ranks in the premier AMA Motocross class," said Josh Whitmire, Pirelli's MX Manager. "Tyler (Wharton), in his first professional race, showed that his future in the sport looks bright."
AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Presented by FMF
Honda Spring Creek Pro National Presented by Scott USA Spring Creek Motocross Park - Millville, Minn.
August 17, 2008
Round 10 of 12
Motocross (Moto Finish)
1. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Kawasaki, 1-1
2. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda, 2-5
3. Michael Byrne, Newnan, Ga., Suzuki, 6-2
4. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM, 10-4
5. Tim Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 3-12
6. Jeff Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Pirelli/Honda, 8-6
7. Matt Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., KTM, 9-7
8. Broc Hepler, Kittanning, Pa., Yamaha, 5-11
9. Cody Cooper, Tallahassee, Fla., Pirelli/Suzuki, 19-3
10. Josh Summey, Huntersville, N.C., Yamaha, 13-10
Pirelli Tire North America specializes in manufacturing and marketing high-performance tires for passenger vehicles, motorcycles, ATV's and motorsports. An industry leader in technology and quality, Pirelli operates its highly advanced Modular Integrated Robotized System (MIRS) in Rome, Georgia, to better serve the American OEM and Replacement markets. For more information please visit: www.us.pirelli.com.