Upload videos and photos to www.oakleyridersearch.com by April 30 for your chance to ride with Oakley team athletes
SAN DIEGO – April 17, 2008 – Loop’d Network, a leading social network for sports, and Oakley, Inc. (NYSE:OO) invite you to enter the Oakley Rider Search contest at www.oakleyridersearch.com. Oakley today announced the exclusive prizes for winners of the contest, which is hosted on Loop’d Network. Contestants have less than two weeks to upload videos and pictures for a chance to win prizes that include private skate, snow and BMX sessions with Oakley team athletes, or tickets to events like the World Superpipe Championships or Crankworx mountain bike festival. The contest closes on April 30.
Prizes will be awarded to one lucky winner in each of six sports categories:
● Skate: Brush up on your skills while skating with Oakley pros at a weeklong session at Woodward East or West
● Ski: Get tickets, VIP treatment and two days of lift passes at the 2009 World Superpipe Championships
● Snow: Ride with Oakley pros Gretchen Bleiler and Nicolas Muller while perfecting your goggle tan at the famous High Cascade Snowboard Camp! This action-packed session is held during the Abominable Snow Jam Contest which attracts pros from all over the planet. It’s the perfect dose of shred to get you rhrough the summer months.
● BMX: Ride with the pros at a weeklong summer session at Woodward East or West
● Moto: Get tickets, lodging and VIP treatment at the MX National or supercross race of your choice. And while there, tour some of the factory rigs, meet and greet some of the top Oakley pros, hang out at the Oakley truck and get a pair of Oakley goggles signed by your favorite team rider.
● MTB: Travel, lodging and passes for the Whistler Bike Park during the infamous Crankworx festival – the most ground-breaking, gravity-fueled mountain bike festival featuring the sport’s most fearless and talented athletes.
“From the moment Oakley joined the Loop’d Network, their commitment to supporting sports and celebrating athletes was evident through their global audience of passionate and dedicated fans,” said Scott Tilton, chief executive officer at Loop’d Network. “Oakley introduced the Oakley Rider Search contest to encourage and reward amateur athletes and their talents. This contest is a great opportunity for recognition and the prizes are top-notch. Don’t miss out!”
Oakley, a global leader in sports performance optics including premium sunglasses, goggles and prescription eyewear, joined Loop’d Network in November 2007 to build relationships with members of Loop’d Network, a targeted youth demographic of athletes and fans, through interactive content, events and contests, such as Oakley Rider Search.
Loop’d Network provides athletes, enthusiasts and brands, such as Oakley, with an online forum to connect and communicate. The Oakley Rider Search contest has attracted many of Loop’d Network’s most passionate and talented athletes who define themselves by their favorite sports and brands with a sports lifestyle affiliation.
To join the Oakley community or participate in the Oakley Rider Search contest on Loop’d Network, please visit www.oakleyridersearch.com to register and create your profile. This profile will enable you to join any of the network’s communities to interact with others who are passionate about sports.