Yamaha has an opening for an Accessory Product Line Manager to join our Parts & Accessories Group! This position is based out of Cypress, CA. The Accessory Product Line Manager serves as the champion of their assigned product line and an expert behind the development and execution of customer centric and profitable accessory plans.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Generate research based, customer centric accessory plans to increase market penetration, sales, and profit for each model within your area of responsibility.
• Managing the accessory development schedule, and identifying variances that place “on-time” accessory availability at risk. Bring these variances to the attention of Senior Management.
• Managing the accessory development process, and identify variances that place” on-target” accessory pricing at risk. Bring these variances to the attention of Senior Management.
• Management and facilitation of assigned product line during the monthly Accessory Development Meeting.
• Support the Accessory Sales and Marketing Groups with development of: Catalog, Media/Press Events, Dealer Meetings Consumer Events/Displays, Marketing Materials/Press Releases, Event Planning (Unit Accessory Plans), and Sales Meetings.
• Support and work collaboratively with facing Units Product Planning Team, Engineering, Purchasing, Testing, and QA.
• Conduct all assigned activities within the allocated budget.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Research, or Statistics, or equivalent Product Planning experience plus a minimum of seven years experience with an emphasis on product management and strategic product planning.
• Individual should be knowledgeable about all aspects of the Power Sports Industry (Motorcycle and ATV) including products and customers.
• Working knowledge of dealership operations, and consumer research.
• Must be able to integrate consumer research results into a comprehensive accessory plan.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in the Microsoft suite of Word, Excel, and Power Point. Outlook experience a plus.
• Must be able to travel approximately 15 – 20% to key industry events to conduct customer research, supplier visits, dealer meeting etc.
To learn more about Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, please visit http://www.yamaha-motor.com/. Yamaha offers a great work environment, competitive salary and generous benefits package. Please forward your resume and salary history to (include job code RJD/APLM/MB):
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.