AMA Motocross Stats:
This is the first time an AMA Toyota Motocross Championship race will be held at national will be held at Freestone Raceway.
-From 1973-1983, Lake Whitney, Texas held an AMA Motocross race.
Last Weekend Grand Langston won his first AMA Motocross race at Steel City Raceway.
Langston’s win broke a seven-year streak for Yamaha, marking 77 races.
Yamaha’s last AMA Motocross win was won by David Vuillemin (2001).
Langston became the first South African since Greg Albertyn to win an AMA Motocross class overall.
Mike Alessi gave KTM its’ first moto win in AMA Motocross on a KTM 450 machine.
With Langston’s win last round, he became the fifth different winner this season, which has not happened since 2001.
For the first time since 2001, four bike brands have won an overall.
AMA Motocross Laps Lead - Season
Ricky Carmichael 109
James Stewart 107
Mike Alessi 28
AMA Motocross Moto Wins – Season
AMA Motocross Fastest Qualifying Sunday Lap Times – Season
Ben Townley 1
AMA Motocross MOTO TEES Holeshot Award – Season
Motocross Class Point Standings – After 10 of 12 rounds
1. Grant Langston, Clermont, Fla., Yamaha, 347
2. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda, 345
3. Timmy Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 343
4. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM, 337
5. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda, 296
6. Ricky Carmichael, Tallahassee, Fla., Suzuki, 291
7. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Kawasaki, 290
8. David Vuillemin, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 207
9. Michael Byrne, Newnan, Ga., Suzuki, 192
10. Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., Honda, 186
AMA Motocross Lites Stats
This will be the first time the gate will drop in Wortham, Texas for an AMA Motocross Lites event.
The Pro Circuit Kawasaki team has won nine of 10 rounds this year and 21 of 32 over the past three seasons.
In 1998, Pro Circuit Kawasaki won eight AMA Motocross Lites races.
With a win in Texas, Pro Circuit Kawasaki will claim its’ 50th AMA Motocross Lites victory.
Broc Hepler became the fourth different rider to win a moto this year.
AMA Motocross Lites Laps Lead - Season
Ryan Villopoto 159
Ben Townley 109
Josh Grant 24
Broc Hepler 16
Tom Hahn 2
AMA Motocross Lites Moto Wins - Season
Ben Townley 7
AMA Motocross Lites Fastest Qualifying Sunday Lap Times – Season
Ben Townley 1
AMA Motocross Lites RACER X Holeshot Award – Season
Ben Townley 3
Motocross Lites Point Standings – After 10 of 12 Rounds
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 447
2. Ben Townley, Tallahassee, Fla., Kawasaki, 441
3. Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Honda, 340
4. Jason Lawrence, Murrieta, Ga., Yamaha, 277
5. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 267
6. Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Honda, 211
7. Thomas Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda, 177
8. Brett Metcalfe, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki, 169
9. Broc Tickle, Cary, N.C., Yamaha, 164
10. Kyle Chisholm, Seminole, Fla., Kawasaki, 151
SCHEDULE: Saturday (July 21) - Pro practice and qualifying, 1:00 to 5:15 p.m.; Sunday (July 22) - Practice, 9:00-10:30 am. Qualifying, 10:45 am. Opening Ceremonies, 12:30 pm. Final events start at 1:00 p.m., with two 30-minute, plus two lap motos for each class. A complete weekend schedule is available by clicking www.freestonemx.com.
Tickets and Pit Passes: Advance tickets are available for Friday-Sunday for $50; Saturday-Sunday for $40; Sunday only for $30. The VIP Holeshot Pass, which includes admission and pit pass for Saturday-Sunday, VIP parking at Gate B and entrance to the VIP Chalet on Sunday (lunch, drinks, seating, a free program and AMA Timing and scoring) for $200.
For more information, please log on to www.freestonemx.com.
Interview opportunities are available to the media by contacting AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Media Manager Tony Gardea via email email@example.com or by phone at 949-365-5750.
Credential requests for each round of the 2007 AMA Toyota Motocross Championship, presented by FMF, must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org three weeks prior to the race. Media members interested in interviews with the riders of the Toyota AMA Motocross Championship, presented by FMF, should contact Next Level Sports Management at 949-365-5750 or email email@example.com.
For more information on the AMA Toyota Motocross Championship, presented by FMF, log onto www.amamotocross.com for live timing and scoring and www.motocross.com for Racer X Illustrated’s comprehensive web coverage including audio and streaming video.