Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Satchwell and Bash Earn First Podiums of the YearMonday, July 23, 2007 | 6:28 AM
LAKEWOOD, Colo. (July 22, 2007) – Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green’s Tania Satchwell captured second overall while teammate Elizabeth Bash took home third at the fourth round of the Women’s Motocross Association (WMA) Championship presented by Kawasaki at Thunder Valley Motocross Park.
Satchwell, who was off to a rough start in moto one after going down in the first turn, fought her way through the pack from dead last to finish fifth. In the second moto, she got a better start and ran up front to keep her podium hopes alive.
“I started to fall back and I just wasn’t having it,” said Satchwell. “I wanted to get up on that podium so bad and so I worked my way back up to third.”
She went on to finish third in the second moto to secure the runner-up position for the weekend (5-3).
“The track was awesome,” said Satchwell. “It was rough but it was a good time. It was definitely the most fun I have had all year.”
Bash was not feeling all that confident after practice as her bike jetting was off spec due to the high altitude in Colorado. Fortunately, she was able to get her bike dialed in by the first moto and took home a fourth place finish. In the second moto, she put in solid ride and secured another fourth-place finish which was good for third place overall (4-4).
“I am so happy to finally get on the podium for Kawasaki,” said Bash. “I was sick all week and wasn’t able to ride so I wasn’t sure how it was going to go this weekend, but it went well.”
The Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green riders will be at the fifth round of the WMA in Washougal, Wash., starting July 27.
For the most recent Kawasaki racing action, interviews and more visit www.kawasaki/racing.com
Thunder Valley Motocross Park- Lakewood, Colo.
July 21, 2007
WMA Pro Class Results
1. Tarah Gieger, Vero Beach, Fla., Yamaha, 2-1
2. TANIA SATCHWELL, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIF., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASASKI TEAM GREEN, 5-3
3. ELIZABETH BASH, RIVERSIDE, CALIF., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASASKI TEAM GREEN, 4-4
4. Mariana Balbi, Riverside, Calif., Honda, 3-5
5. Vanessa Florentino, Edgewood, N.M., Honda, 7-7
6. Ashley Boham, Lakewood, Colo., Honda, 11-6
7. Taylor Miller, Alabaster, Ala., Suzuki, 6-11
8. Sarah Whitmore, Cheboygan, Mich., Yamaha, 9-10
9. Alyssa Weaver, Falcon, Colo., Yamaha, 12-8
10. Lindsey Jelitto, Falcon, Colo., Honda, 8-13
WMA Pro Class Point Standings
1. Jessica Patterson, Tallahassee, Fla., Honda, 172
2. Tarah Gieger, Vero Beach, Fla., Yamaha, 172
3. ELIZABETH BASH, RIVERSIDE, CALIF., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASASKI TEAM GREEN,134
4. Alisa Nix, Ukiah, Calif., Yamaha, 131
5. Mariana Balbi, Riverside, Calif., Honda, 131
6. TANIA SATCHWELL, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CALIF., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASASKI TEAM GREEN, 123
7. Sarah Whitmore, Cheboygan, Mich., Yamaha, 107
8. Vanessa Florentino, Edgewood, N.M., Honda, 97
9. Taylor Miller, Alabaster, Ala., Suzuki, 61
10. Ashley Boham, Lakewood, Colo., Honda, 61
Share this article:
Did you like this article?
Check out MONSTERBALLin our Latest issue of Racer X available now.
Playing soccer on 250cc motorcycles might sound like a strange form of riding, but in Russia they do it with great passion—and for very little reward. Page 112.