The American Motorcyclist Association's only vintage motorcycle event
returns for its 13th annual appearance at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
over July 27-30. And this year there is an added bonus to the already
awesome spectacle that is Vintage Days: Hodaka Days! That’s right, the
yearly Hodaka-only event that is normally celebrated in Athena, Oregon,
is coming to AMA Vintage Days for the first, last and only time ever!
The AMA has recognized the huge following of Hodaka motorcycles and
dubbed Hodaka the official “Classic Club” of VMD 2006.
As if a thousand vendors, AHRMA vintage trials, motocross and
roadracing weren’t enough; get ready for a weekend full of
chrome-tanked Super Rats, Dirt Squirts and Ace 100s, too!
Some of the Hodaka Days highlights include:
• Giant circus tent filled with all-things Hodaka – even the original employees of PABATCO!
• Legends on Hodakas: See Tommy Croft, Jim Pomeroy and Brad Lackey – all on Super Rats!
• Hodaka seminars in including: servicing your Hodaka with
Roger Lippiatt; restoration tips with Lee Fabry; plastic and rubber
molding (Preston Petty Products) with Bob Harmony; modifying your
Hodaka for trials with Jay Lael and Ed Chesnut; Peter Starr’s movie
insights; and a Q&A session with the original Hodaka employees!
• Bike show – bring your best Hodaka!
• Hodaka-only parade (any and all Hodakas welcome!)
• Hodaka-only AHRMA vintage MX and trials
• Special “Hodakaville” camping!
• Make-A-Wish Hodaka 175 SL raffle!
Also, meet the staff of VMX Magazine all the way from Australia and under the Hodaka big top!
For more information on participating in any of the Hodaka Days events
during AMA Vintage Days at Mid Ohio, or to get involved with Hodaka
Days 2006 specifically, please see the official Hodaka Days website at
For tickets, call 1-800-MID-OHIO or log onto www.MIDOHIO.com
For AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days information, call 1-800-AMA-JOIN (800-262-5646) or www.AMADirectlink.com.